Refrehing the list or some other item in user control from child window is easy. All you need to do is wire up the child_closed event for child window and that s it. How about refreshing the list in another user control from this child window? There is no relation between the child window and the user control that we want to update. So, we cannot use child_closed event for that user control. Let s talk about the scenerio,
- Assigned Activites (User Control 1) , child window: CLM Activity
- Unassigned Activities (User Control 2)
- Activities ( User Control and it hosts UC1 and UC2)
What we want is, when we click ok button in "CLM Activity" child window, we will refresh UC1 and UC2.
- In Order to that,first, we ll define an event in assigned activities
- Then wire up this event to child window as follows. Child_Closed event is no longer need to be used
- Define OnPopupClosed event in assigned Activities user control. So, once the child window is closed, this event will be raised and Activities are refreshed in assigned activites screen.
- In Activities which is the host user control for the others, We ll wire up the same event handler for assigned activities.
- This event is also raised as well as OnPopupClosed event in Assigned Activities when the child windo is closed. RefreshSelf method refreshes the list in Unassigned Activities user control.
These are the steps to refresh the user control (unassigned activities ) from the other user control (assigned activities).
Exsilio Homepage | Software Development
Powered by Exsilio Solutions